Thursday, May 21, 2009

1.5 Miles

The best news of the day is that after not running for months, I was able to run 1.5 miles in my hilly neighborhood without dying! I think if I was on flat ground I truly could have done 2-2.5, but I might be completely full of it and just tyring to make myself feel good! Either way, I am so glad I did it! I kept in mind my good friend who has 8 month old twins and already built up to 8+ miles. What is my excuse? Great motivation - thank you Lisa!

On the not so good, but okay news, our PHENOMENAL audiologist is retiring. What? The wonderful ones are supposed to work forever!! We both cried today! She is looking forward to spending time with her husband and her grand babies. I can't fault her there and hope she truly enjoys her retirement.

And, last, but not least on the not so good, but okay news, Logan has to have eye surgery again! We patch for 6 weeks and then go back on July 16th to see if that resolved the issue. However, the doctor thinks we will still have to re-do the surgery. At his follow up today the doctor was hoping to have more of an improvement. Bummer! We are hoping that we will be able to schedule it when Momo and Bobpa are here at the end of July to help out with kiddo logistics.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great run, Mom! OK, so I was trying to decide how far to run tomorrow, and now I have to do 8. I really have only run 7 so far. It's in print, so I have to make it true. Good luck with Logan. I hope you guys don't have to have a do-over. That would be crummy!

Melissa said...

wow... that is great. i am really impressed! that is a lot more than i have done in a LONG time. im proud of you! sorry to hear the news of Logan. Hopefully the do-over will correct it once and for all. thanks for keeping us posted w/ all of your family happenings.