Monday, February 8, 2010

Late Catch Up

A week has already passed since my baby boy turned 4! Logan James is now, "A different person," according to him! We had a joint birthday party with a friend from Jeremy's class at Sunshine Cottage (pictures to come). All he wanted was cake and balloons, but he also got a rented jump castle, friends, pizza and presents! He was so cute. Logan is our funny guy, all middle child! He has a twinkle in his eyes and such a love bug! When he is really buttering you up, he, "Gets some sugar!" Oh, we just love him so much!

This past Saturday he had a T-ball clinic. He was so excited. Bryan took him the day before to Academy for baseball pants and socks. He woke up a little after 6am Saturday asking if he could put on his new baseball pants and if it was time to go to his game yet! He also got a new bat a few weeks prior, but it was on timeout since Logan hit Courtney in the face with it and gave her a black eye! Anywho, he loves baseball and can't wait for Saturday to come again to go to his "game".

On another note, Courtney is in a big girl bed! Her crib turns into a toddler bed and since Logan and Courtney are so close in age, we never used it that way before!! I am a believer of keeping kids in cribs as long as you can. Well, the time came! I heard a blood curdling scream and found her face down on the ground. Yep, she tried to climb out. I knew it was coming, but the boys would just monkey their way down, not Courtney! So far it hasn't been too bad. However, it is difficult trying to tell a deaf girl to get back in bed. It's kind of interesting!! I am seeing that she can read lips. I told her after laying with her for a while, "Okay, Courtney it is time to go night night." She said, "Okay, night night." People told me she would do this and in the middle of the night if she woke up sick or whatever that we would be able to carry on a "normal" conversation, but it was hard to believe. It's actually kind of amazing!!

The flip side of Courtney is that she is battling an ear infection even after removing those adenoids and 2nd set of tubes. So, we are on a high dose of antibiotic ear drops and a wick in her ear to keep the drops in. We go back on Thursday to take the wick out. Then we wait 72 hours. If there is any drainage at all we have to do a culture. Depending on what the culture comes back with, if we have to do it, we will either do IV antibiotics or re-do the tube. This isn't the first time we have done a wick and a culture so we shall see!! I'm just really hoping for no drainage after Thursday!!

Jeremy is doing great in school and just went to a baseball clinic on Saturday as well. He loved it and did great! He also gave his first talk in church on Sunday. Oh y goodness it warmed my heart! He did so good! He was so nervous, but didn't need any help. We practiced reading it and then he skyped with his grandparents in CA and practiced for them the night before On Sunday he was so scared he just couldn't look up at anyone! He has such a sweet spirit! It worked out for Bryan to be there as well to see his first talk, yahoo!

Well, that is about it for now! I am really trying to post more regularly, but it is hard!! More pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

Bob said...

I loved reading about your kids. What blessings! Your family photos are great and show such a positive side of life. I love to read about successful families especially those who are Lisa's friends.

God bless the Kohler family!

Bob Davis (Lisa Ferrara's dad)