Monday, February 16, 2009


I realized that I didn't post an update about Courtney's test results... They were normal, well at least a normal infection that should be able to be treated with antibiotic ear drops. So we had to finish out the week (Friday) doing ear drops and were told, "Just give us a call if there is anymore drainage." The next day our audiologist gave us a quick crash course on how to use an otoscope, sent us on our way and said to check for any drainage in her ear on Sunday.

Bryan and I were a bit skeptical on how this would work since you can't poke it in too far or it will hurt her, have to all but strap her down to look in her right ear, and have to hold the otoscope a certain way to move with her head when she moves so we don't jam the tip in her ear. So we couldn't check until today when she wasn't so fired up, and yep, you guessed it, there is still fluid in her ear! We were looking for "bone dry" and that wasn't the case. Anything white, green, yellow, etc. would not be good. Since I have only looked in an ear three times, not quite a professional, I wasn't sure what color it was, but it wasn't dry. Luckily, we go back to see our audiologist tomorrow for a mapping and she can give us the for sure thumbs up or down as to whether or not we call good ol' Dr. Syms!

The good thing is she hasn't run any fever. I just would like her right ear to be just as "bone dry" as her left!

No comments: